Thursday, December 22, 2005

And I am asked to work again...

And so finally I am allocated to a new project. It is almost 2 months since I have last worked on the dark Mainframes screen. Dec 26th is the date that I am all set to start working again. Sometimes I wonder, if I will ever be able to work again? I have forgot VisionPlus a good two months ago and I haven't coded even an easytrieve since then. Worse may be I never made any attempt to read any document or pdf. Thek hain!!! I will take it as it comes.

I have got used to this schedule. I come to office only after 10:30 am, liesurely check my mails without missing any fowrwards and then proceed to chat with those available online. If there was anything that made me feel, I would give vent to those feelings through a blog. Oh... Life seemed to be a bliss. But from next week, I need to start at an early hour of 8:00 am for I need to ensure that I am in the office before 9:30 am. And instead of those lovely Good morning mails and humorous forwards, there will be that mail from the client or TL asking me to complete a task by afternoon. Think of work and there comes the call. This blog was interrupted by my new TL who called me to inform me about the induction session at 2:30 p.m. Hmmm.. so the honeymoon is almost over. It was cool. It also made me start this activity of blogging.

And what's going on in the world around? If moral policing was something that you could not digest, there's something more to follow. Right on the heels of the the Meerut issue comes the Mumbai's HC directive to cable operators not to show any U/A or A content. Huh!!! Not again. That's what my reaction was when I heard from Barkha Dutt on NDTV that U/A included movies like Bluffmaster, Kingkong and Neal n Nicky. So what are we supposed to watch on television then?? The News? or the Poppeye show? Wish the TV had some kind of the stuff to block the adult content similiar to Nanny thing on the net that is used to block the sites. This High court directive if carried out will ensure that children or rather the teens who are exposed to all kinds of sleazy stuff are kept away from the "adult content".What about me then? Afterall television viewers include adults like me and yeah I am over 18 and why I feel I have been unfairly denied my right to access the adult content ( read "over 18" content). Isn't this unjustified?

No comments: