Wednesday, January 11, 2006

On a search

Does an editor have something known as a mood? If he does, how does he manage to get it right day in and day out? If he doesn't, how does he write without the "feel of writing"( what I called as a mood)? These are the questions that I ask myself when I don't find anything interesting to write about.

Perhaps it is a situation like this that makes one write/discuss things that don't qualify to be called news. Even the event of a Pakistani ant crossing the Indian border becomes a news. What good is anyone doing to the girl by discussing the news of her being exploited by multiple husbands? Newsfolks( hmmm.. I wonder when I will call myself a newsmaker)sometimes have this tendency of creating a controversy when there was no news in the first place.

I have been on a search for a topic that I could write about. Nothing seems to create in me the urge the write. ( except the "do something" feeling due to which I am going ga ga now). I have been trying to borrow some ideas from the news channels as I usually do. The significance of the Republic day parade, the female foeticide issue, the Raj Singh Dungarpur controversy, the endless Saurav Ganguly debate. I have tried to to put all these into the blog but they don't seem to fit anywhere. ( I am a "Dil-se" writer you see)

I am still searching for one topic and so I continue to chatter. One of the things that I want to do in the immediate future is to review movies ( let me review one first). I often think of an ideal title for my movie review page( even if it is for one review). I have a few in mind like "Real n Ricky" , "Buffmaster" but I am yet to decide on one.

In the past two days, I have understood that even random blah blah is not an easy task. Life.... get up......inspire me!!!

No comments: