Wednesday, May 03, 2006

That 1 hour without lights (2)

Oh.. wow!!! Someone has taken my request in my previous post a tad too seriously. Guess God listened to my request and informed someone in the Electricity board about it and Voila the electricity had gone kaput for an hour yesterday. The only problem was that it happened at 11:30 pm in the mid night instead of 7:00 pm. Now 11:30 pm is no time to get social ( well.. at least for the time being and at least in my apartments it doesn't happen :) ). The elecricity usually goes off when there is the slightest hint of rain. Yesterday it was not even that. It was just that the air was blowing at a slightly higher velocity than it usually does.

Once the lights were gone, I had no option but to sleep. My eyes were in no mood to close since they already had a heavy dose of siesta in the afternoon. Outside the cool breeze had now turned into some kind of a rougue wind( there was an element of dust associated with the wind.. and hence the term rougue wind). I pulled my chair out in the balcony and sat with my legs on the parapet wall. The Homo sapien world outside my balcony seemed to be fast asleep. There was no one to be seen on the terraces of the neighbouring buildings. The only noise that could now be heard was the swoosh made by the trees and rustling of the leaves. The coconut tree facing me was swaying with all its hands spread out in the air. From that distance it appeared like a monstrous star fish seen in the English movies. The other trees seemed only too happy to shed their inertia and stretch themselves. It seemed that all the plants and trees were waiting for soemthing like this.

There wasn't too much of a rougish element associated with the wind as I had expected. Replacing my chair with the bed seemed to be the perfect idea. I pulled the bed to the balcony and adjusted the bedsheet. Sleeping in the open ( although this was very partial)was a good feeling. Just as I was about to doze off, the lights came back. Fifteen minutes later I was back sitting in front of the computer doing the mail check and all other mundane things. There wasn't a hint of darkness left for me to experience any kind of hidden joy.

2 comments:

Kidoredo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kidoredo said...

May be Mr Hysteria.. just didnt strike me..and the current one did.