Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Feel it? Huh!

It was Hike time in the office yesterday. After a mail came at around 5:30 pm yesterday, each of the employee's emotion was a reflection of that mail and the increment offered. There was one of my friends who was extremely disppointed thinking that she shouldn't be staying in the company any longer. "The hike is an insult to my capabilities", she sulked. There was one girl who had tears in her eyes as she spoke " We work day and night here and this is all we get ". One more voice in that direction and she would surely break. There was a girl who seemed to be happy for she had got the hike long due. Her next task was to ask each colleague present there his/her hike. A question that fetched mixed responses. There was this girl who had got the perfect hike. But she wasn't happy. She never wanted the responsibility. She just wants the minimum responsibility that she is adept at handling with someone monitoring her work and taking the full responsibility. She was least bothered about the hike and was more concerned about the review comments that she had received from her supervisor. There was one guy who left the office before the mail arrived. " What the heck mate! I knew about the increment when I got the promotion. But the current work doesn't really inspire me!!" he replied when I called him later in the evening.

All of them seemed to evince some kind of emotion. But I couldn't feel anything. Neither joy neither pain. Neither exaltation nor displeasure. Weird! I thought. We, humans always seem to crib. Everyone seemed to find some reason to crib while I having found nothing was searching for a reason to find out why I wasn't feeling anything. Silly! Isnt't it?

No comments: