Friday, October 07, 2005

Just because !

"You should have done a BA or some Mass communication course. A Btech (and that too in Computer Science and that too at a premier institute) was pehaps not the right thing for you." Huh!!!! I have heard enough of this. Gimme a break , folks. Itz my life and what I do and what I dont is "My wish". That's what I thought today when one of freshers at office turned a preacher.
I wouldn't take it even from my boss. And this guy...? I just threw a smile at him and and then turned back to the screen that demanded my attention. I do know that I am made for something else , something else other than software.Hmm... hey just wait .. no ambivalence here. But then I have the conviction that I will be able to manage any kind of work, especially the kind of work that I get to do in office now. Mind you, it is not just a belief or feeling that I am talking about but a conviction. So I hate it when people consider me a nothing at work and start preaching me and let out the " Why a software engineer??" expression. Just beacause I dole out a couple of shayaris and mails doesnt mean that I am not good at work. Just because I take the intiative for team parties and collection funds doesn't mean I cant work. Just because I roam around with that childish grin doesnt mean that I wont be able to manage my tasks. I have always been sincere with my work. In fact I have been doing my bit quite comfortably in the last couple of months. Agreed!!! I dont have the passion or zeal to go through the acrobats neither do I have the patience to go through the entire program. I sometimes turn a deaf ear to my colleagues discussing work ( which according to them is very interesting). But then at the end of the day I do my work and yeah I am enjoying doing this - Doing just what is required. I am not going to do it forever so why the heck should I force myself to be passionate about it.
I care a damn for those who assume things about me. And at the moment I have better things to do. I wrote for myself expecting that this would give me the much needed drive . 15 mins left in this day and the next 9 days are going to be absolutely crucial for me. Make or break. I need to break now to make it .

No comments: